Sunday, May 15, 2011

2011 Missouri Champion Wal~Mart Kick-Off!

Well it is officially upon us, the 2011 Missouri Champion Wal~Mart Kick-Off! My special day is Tuesday, May 17th starting at 10:30am at the Festus Wal~Mart #069. If you are in the area please stop by and say hi. It should be a great day.






UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!



I am a pretty blessed kid. This is my 4th family-- My FESTUS Wal~Mart Family. They came into my life in 2009. Some from the original store have moved to other stores, but they came back for my special day.


All I can say about my kick off is WOW! And if you ever need a party planner, I recommend Denise. She did an amazing job with her team at the FESTUS Wal~Mart Store #069.


My day started out not so good. None of them knew I took a handful of pain medications so I could function. After about an hour for the pain meds to kick in, I was feeling great. Then the excitement started. It was a happy day, and I really needed that to carry me through the rest of my week (since Thursday was AWFUL!).


I could never thank my Wal~Mart enough. Plus I can continue to blog, they bought me an iPad. They helped me out, without my dad finding out. Great job. He can be sneaky. He finds out everything ahead of time even when we try our hardest. I can continue to share my thoughts on my blogs and not feel trapped. One thing about my illness is that on bad days, I feel trapped and as everyone has heard my mom say, "My words are my escape."




I also met some really awesome people. Sgt. Roth with the US Army. Sgt. Roth gave me all kinds of cool stuff and called me brave. It was such an honor to have him there. But what he doesn't know is his picture is going on mom's WALL. For those who don't know, in our living room is The Wall. Mom has worked on this for years now, and it is no where finished. Mom has put up pictures of family and friends that serve in the military or have served in the military. Every person on that wall is a hero. The Wall is a constant reminder of why we have the freedoms we have. I never thought my picture would make the wall since the military would never take me with this disease. But thanks to Sgt. Roth's picture, I get to be on mom's wall. So it is doubly cool!



I also received the Key to the Twin Cities (Festus & Crystal City). Since the Wal~Mart in Festus sits in two cities. Which is kind of cool if you think about it. I was shocked to receive the Key. It is a really nice award. It is currently hanging in the living room. Dad was perticular about where it was going. He wanted it on the wall as soon as we got home. Our walls are almost covered.



Then I became an honorary Wal~Mart Distribution Center Driver. I even got a ride in one of their Semi's. That was fun. Everyone looked so small from way up there.


The cake was great and my cashier Loretta even saved me my face from the cake. Loretta is the only one that understands I have to eat the piece with my face on it. :) It is kind of creapy to think someone else could eat my face. She didn't forget from two years ago. Oh yeah, and I already ate my face. I also ate the CIDP. It is about time I got to stab at that, instead of it attacking me. I think I may have thought of a fundraiser. For a dollar you can write a disease or illness on a water balloon and throw it at a brick wall. I wonder how many balloons my mom would give me?



Next thing Chipping in for Kids which will be June 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment