Monday, May 9, 2011

May is for Miracles Radio Broadcast with Clear Channel Radio 93.7 The Bull & Rewind 103.3





May is for Miracles Radio Broadcast


93.7 The Bull- Mason, Dusty & Remy, Rewind 103.3 Cindy & Greg


Children's Miracle Network Hospitals of Greater St. Louis Ambassadors representing SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center: Greta (2010), Josh (2007) with my little sister Cassandra on his back, & Me (2009)


May is for Miracles!

Please tune in on Wednesday, May 11 from 6am to 6pm as Clear Channel Radio 93.7 THE BULL and Rewind 103.3 broadcast live from my favorite place in St. Louis! Yes, you guessed it! SSM CARDINAL GLENNON CHILDREN'S MEDICAL CENTER!!! Please call 1-800-432-4KID or go to http://www.cmn-stl.org/ to make your pledges. We need your help! Then tune in again on Thursday, May 12 from 6am to 6pm as they broadcast live from St. Louis Children's Hospital.

I love radiothon from Glennon each year. We always have a great time. This will be the forth time I have broad casted live from Glennon. My first year was 2007, and I was a little nervous but I got over it quickly. Because by 2009, I was having fun with the radio personalities, answering phones and talking with all the volunteers. During my 2009 Ambassador year, there was one patient at Glennon that was walking between appointments that I was able to race cars with in the atrium. If you haven't seen the atrium at Glennon, you truly are missing something spectacular. It makes is feel like home, not a stuffy old hospital.


I have just learned some news via Facebook. I have come full circle with Radiothon. When I started as a shy little boy, my broadcaster was Cindy Collins. With the change up to Radiothon, and the new radio stations, I will see Cindy Collins again. It will be comforting to have a friendly face at Radiothon.

Everyone tune in! I will be there.
Christopher
(I will update Wednesday night with pictures and posts about the day.)





UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!


So Blogspot had a corrupt file and erased my original work from Thursday. Since I was in the hospital on Friday, I wasn't able to redo my work. This is a little frustrating, to say the least.




If you would like to see updates from Wednesday and final total from Thursday, please visit http://www.937thebull.com/ or http://www.rewind1033.com/ .



93.7 The Bull-- Mason, Dusty and Remy

I had a great time talking with them. Dusty is even my friend on Facebook. These guys were a lot of fun. Mason let me try out his iPad2 for the day. Mom still refuses to let me have Angry Birds, she says it is too addicting. :) I played Angrey Birds for like an hour, so I know mom is right. But it was great fun.


When I was able to listen to the radio on Thursday, I was really impressed with Mason & Remy, plus Dusty's dedication to our stories. It was really amazing to hear all the work they were doing on Thursday. I only got to see them work on Wednesday, but I didn't hear it. So it was hard for me to visualize all the work they were doing. I hope to be their next year with them!


The Bull ROCKS!



If you go to www.937thebull.com , you can see a video of me talking on the radio. Mom says something must have been distracting me while I was talking, because it looks like I was reading something. I wasn't, I was studying what they guys were doing. Mason & Remy were a lot fun to joke around with.


****************************************************************************************


Rewind 103.3 with Greg & Cindy. Please go to www.rewind1033.com to see videos and pictures from Wednesday and Thursday. There is a really great story about Cindy. In 2007, I was a Miracle Child for Children's Miracle Network. My duty was to just talk on the radio. Well I was really scared to, so mom did all the talking. Cindy was the radio announcer at the other radio station. She was the first person I interviewed with four years ago. It was really special to connect with a friend again. Cindy is great. When mom was listening to Rewind 103.3 on Thursday, Cindy made her cry. It was touching to see how much both radio stations cared.


Rewind 103.3 with Greg & Cindy

(Yes, this is the lap quilt that mom made me.)


I hope to make it to next years broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment