Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Race for Miracles Family 5K Run/Walk






Hello to all my friends who love to get out and run/walk on a Saturday Morning!
Well do I have the perfect event for you. Please visit the following website: www.cmn-stl.org/take-action/events/race-miracles-family-5K-runwalk . It should be great fun. Plus everyone will get a great laugh out of my little sister trying to push my wheelchair during the walk. She is a little too small to see over the wheelchair. I wonder how long it will take before mom takes over. Any ideas? I hope to see everyone out there.
-- Christopher --




UPDATE: (May 7, 2011)



As I woke up at 5:15am this morning to get dressed and ready to attend the Race for Miracles Family 5K Run/Walk, I could hear the rain and the crack of thunder. I was so nervous that the weather was going to hinder the wonderful event Children's Miracle Network of Greater St. Louis had prepared. My mom scurried us out the door under an umbrella to the truck. We heard of flash flooding and more rain to come during the day. I said a quick prayer to make the rain stay away from our race. As we attempted to drive to Chesterfield Commons, the rain just pounded on the vehicle. I was starting to feel sad. I was really afraid no one would show up. Put as we got closer to Chesterfield, the skies became clearer. The rain was going away. There were people there getting ready to race. We actually had more people attend this year than last year. I was really excited to see all the people. My sister was excited for the race. She really wanted to push my wheelchair during the walk. It was not raining in the Chesterfield Valley, but it was raining right across the way. It was kind of interesting to watch the storm clouds off in the distance, while we had beautiful weather for our race. The race started on time, and my sister started off with me. My friend and fellow Children's Miracle Network 2010 Ambassador for SSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center, Greta, decided to walk with us. After a while my sister quit pushing me and ran with Greta. I was happy Greta took my sister, because it gave my mom and I a chance to chat and take the walk nice and slow. I wanted to enjoy the area. For a shopping center, the Chesterfield Commons are actually quite beautiful. As I was coming into the finish line, I could only make out a few words from Maria. She was announcing my arrival. Everyone was clapping. It was really awesome to see all the support. After a long time of clapping, mom finally was able to thank everyone for supporting this wonderful organization and all the wonderful children. My sister did run the kids race. She really enjoyed that. Plus we were able to pass out ribbons to all the kids. I always like passing out the ribbons, that is always the best part. The little kids love their ribbons. :)




Here are a few photos from today. I will post more when I receive them from the other Ambassador Families.









Children's Miracle Network Hospitals of Greater St. Louis Ambassadors



Danielle, Greta, Christopher (me), Katie, Audrey, Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment