Monday, May 9, 2011

Making the Rounds on May 10, 2011

Happy Monday Everyone,

Tomorrow is going to be an adventure as I make the rounds to three different Wal~Mart's to help promote the National Wal~Mart Campaign here in Jefferson, Washington and St. Francois Counties. My morning will start at DeSoto at approximately 10:00 am. Thank you Mom for allowing me to sleep in a little tomorrow. (I don't get to sleep in on Wednesday!) Then I will be off to Potosi and my final destination will be Desloge. Each of these Wal~Mart's did great things for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. I am really honored and proud to say I get to go and see their wonderful employees. Two of these Wal~Mart's are in really remote areas, and they are doing BIG things for children like me.

So I will be awarding Wal~Mart #0152 of DeSoto their certificate with their 2010 fundraising total on it. They did $3686.00. Woo Hoo! Way to go DeSoto! Then off to Wal~Mart #0173 of Potosi to award them their certificate! They raised $1,127.00. I am really proud of them, especially with what the unemployment rate is down there. It really shows the big hearts that are in Potosi. My final stop is Wal~Mart #0095 of Desloge with a grand total for 2010 being $6324.00. All I can say is WOW! Each of these Wal~Marts are very special to me in their own ways. Most the time they don't even realize when I come to visit. It isn't often, but I do visit them quite a bit. Thank you Wal~Mart! Thank you! Thank you!

I will see you TOMORROW!
(I will post pictures and updates tomorrow night after I return from making the rounds.)

Christopher




UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!





I have just returned from MAKING THE ROUNDS to the wonderful Wal~Marts just south of me. It is always fun meeting with Store Managers and the fabulous associates that dedicate their time to helping Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.




So I started out at 10:00 am sharp at DeSoto Wal~Mart #0152. I first met with Michelle the Associate Coordinator for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. She introduced me to Pat, one of the top sales associates for Children's Miracle Network. What Pat didn't realize is mom had already come through her lane earlier. Pat was asking everyone to donate to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Pat is now sporting a nice red ribbon on her name tag. ;) Thank you Pat!




Pat, Gary, Michelle (my sister & I)


I had a great time! Thank Gary for all the amazing stories. It was fun talking and laughing with you today.

Then I was off to Potosi. Now usually when I am in Potosi, I am getting ready to head to the Starlite Drive-In located near Cadet, MO. One time when we were heading to the movies, I actually SAW my poster in their store! Yes, my poster was that far south in Potosi. I didn't realize they were in our area in 2009. So you can only imagine my surprise when I saw my promotional poster in their store back then. I knew this Wal~Mart had to be special. (The 2011 Local Ambassadors' promotional poster is up in their store now and it looks nice.)




I met Renee and Melissa the ladies that organize all the Potosi Children's Miracle Network Hospitals fundraisers. They have some really great ideas to raise some extra funds for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, and I can't wait to help them.




Dolly, Melissa and Renee


Ms. Dolly asks everyone to contribute to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. I also heard her ask while I was in the store.




Thank you to the Potosi Wal~Mart for the baseball designed snack container, Cardinal's deck of playing cards and coaster set. I have a funny story to tell about the snack container. Everyone kept asking me as I was going through the store if it had cupcakes in it. When I met the Assistant Manager Brian, he asked if their was cupcakes in the container. We all chucked at him. I had cupcakes when I went home. So another big Thank You for the cupcakes. They are delicious!




Then it was off to Great-Aunt Laverne's Wal~Mart. Wal~Mart #0095 in Desloge, MO. We, as a family, have nicknamed this Wal~Mart: "Oh no I forgot the ______ for the potluck! Stop at the FORGET ME NOT! Wal~Mart!" I am always glad mom forgets an item and not one of us kids. (Ha! Ha!) They, too, have great fundraising ideas for this summer. I have already been informed I will be helping. YIPPY! So Aunt Laverne we are coming for a visit soon, and Aunt Laverne go check out your Wal~Mart, I will be on the wall soon. ;)






The best surprise of all today was seeing my dear friend and Wal~Mart employee, Leisha! I miss my friend. It is always great to see her, because she is always cheerful and positive. I know those that follow my Caring Bridge page, know that is the most important thing to me-being positive. I like surrounding myself with positive people, especially sweet ones like Leisha! (And thanks for the peck on the cheek.)




I was asked a very serious question the other day by a person who wanted to know what I see when I go into Wal~Mart's where associates may or may not being asking to contribute. When I hear an associate ask during the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals campaign to donate to our local hospitals, what I hear isn't exactly what everyone else hears. Yes, the associate may ask you if you would like to donate to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. But that isn't what I hear. I hear that associate say, "I love these children. They matter to me. I am asking you to support these children who need our love and support." But when an associate doesn't ask, well it breaks my heart. I know not everyone says yes to donate, and no one likes being turned down. But every penny adds up. Every penny. Trust me, I have seen it happen with my own eyes.




Next Wal~Mart Stop is Washington, MO. This is the Wal~Mart mom always comes home with new craft ideas for her Girl Scouts. I reallly can't see them topping last years!! (Yes, the challenge is on!)












No comments:

Post a Comment